The National School Boards Association (NSBA) is seeking an experienced individual to direct the activities, projects and implementation of strategic goals of NSBA's Center for Public Education (CPE).
CPE is a national resource for accurate, timely and credible information about public education and its importance to the well-being of our nation. CPE provides up-to-date research, data and analysis on current education issues and explores ways to improve student learning, close achievement gaps and engage public support for public schools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct all CPE projects, activities, including large-scale initiatives. Develop vision, work plans, quality control, and creative innovation to meet goals, at a level that will meet critical review by top national researchers.
- Develop CPE initiatives to support high level research and NSBA's strategic plan and goals. Develops substantive innovations to meet school board information and governance performance goals.
- Represent NSBA and advocates its research and the educational goals of its research with national organizations in education, think tanks, foundations and others as well as provide visibility for the Center, acquiring material and establishing partnerships.
- Supervise CPE staff, including assigning and coordinating projects, evaluating work, and mentoring performance.
- Present on education topics and conducts workshops and webinars for state associations, national affiliate program, other professional organizations and NSBA national conferences. Promote CPE resource to state associations.
- Handle reporting and budgets for CPE and CPE grant-funded activities. Contribute to NSBA organizational and departmental strategic planning activities.
- Collaborate with the Public Advocacy & Communications team to develop communication plans. Speak to media, including national print, television and other electronic media. Writes for CPE blog, ASBJ and other publications.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; five years policy experience with an education association, education government agency, or similar education policymaking experience; public speaking experience; and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Master's degree or above in education or related field.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to: NSBA, Attn: HR/CPE Director, 1680 Duke Street, 2FL, Alexandria, VA 22314-3493. Resumes may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.