Nominations Open: April 1 – October 31, 2023
Creative Solutions for School District Challenges
NSBA’s Magna Awards program has a long history of recognizing exemplary school district programs. The 2024 awards program focuses on innovation in education. It will recognize district programs that solved a challenge with creativity and out-of-the-box strategies.
A grand prize and five silver winners will be awarded in each enrollment category: under 5,000 enrollment; 5,000-20,000 enrollment; and over 20,000 enrollment.
Three grand prize winners will showcase their winning programs at a special Master Class session during NSBA’s 2024 annual conference in April.
All winning districts will be featured in the April 2024 issue of American School Board Journal.
For the 2024 awards, the judges will look for programs that:
- Solve or address a challenge in their school districts.
- Are supported by district leaders who encourage creative solutions.
- Exhibit success over time
- Has longevity and sustainability
- Can be replicated by other school districts with similar conditions and resources.
PLEASE NOTE: NSBA Member State Association districts and all CUBE and NatCon districts are eligible to apply for the 2024 Magna Awards.
To learn more, read the Magna Awards' FAQ.
2022 Grand Prize Winners
Lowell Joint School District
Topeka Public Schools