The National School Boards Association (NSBA) seeks a conscientious and experienced professional to join the Public Advocacy and Communications team. The digital strategist will play a key role in the association’s efforts to achieve advocacy, business and membership objectives. The digital strategist will be responsible for developing and coordinating a digital visition and strategies to expand NSBA’s digital reach and maximize the effectiveness of the association’s programs and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Lead digital initiatives within NSBA, serving as a strategic advisor to Public Advocacy and Communications; Equity and Member Services; Federal Advocacy and Public Policy; Legal Advocacy; and Finance and Administration on digital content and development.Create a digital roadmap and prioritization, in coordination with the Chief Communications Officer and Director, Public Advocacy and Communications, to support and advance strategic goals and initiatives.Ensure overall brand consistency on all digital platforms.Participate in the development of revenue generation opportunities in coordination with the senior management team.Develop and manage compelling content, including writing action alerts, marketing appeals, social media copy, website updates, digital advertisements, online petitions and other digitally-based creative materials and ensure the content is distributed to have maximum impact.Develop and oversee a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) program.Develop formal processes and methodologies for approaching, managing and implementing digital assignments.
Provide coaching and training to staff outside of Communications.Develop measurement analytics and reports, and report on progress on ongoing initiatives and specific projects.Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Proactive self-starter with agility to flex from high-level strategist and tactical thinker to practical implementation and day-to-day execution.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative thinker with direct experience and successful track record of delivering creative, strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact.
- 3+ years of experience in a digital environment, engaged in website, social, mobile, search, marketing, online advertising and integrated campaigns, ideally in a consulting, business development, and/or strategic development role.
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategic plans.
- Thorough understanding and engagement with major social media platforms, Google Analytics, and other planning, monitoring and measurement tools.
- 2+ years of experience in SEO, SEM and reputation management.
- Experience with Sitecore and Drupal.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and prioritization skills.
- Experience overseeing a wide portfolio of projects and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Political Science, Psychology, Computer Engineering/Science or Digital Media Studies
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to NSBA, Attn: HR/Digital Strategist, 1680 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3493. Resumes and cover letters may also be faxed to (703) 837-9151 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.nsba.org/about-us/careers for more details.