CUBE is Here to Help You Find Solutions
Urban school leaders need solutions to the immense and complex challenges of urban education. We are dedicated to helping you and your district’s leadership team find those solutions.
CUBE programming is designed to support your school board and superintendent through professional development, legislative advocacy, and other resources that address today’s key urban education issues. You can also network with your school board peers across the nation and share best practices that can make a difference in the educational success of your schoolchildren. More benefits include:
- Learning Opportunities: Membership gives you a 20% discount and early access to registration and housing for the NSBA Annual Conference, as well as a discounted rate for the CUBE Annual Conference. These conferences and workshops provide professional development that keep you current on the best practices in urban education and school governance.
- Access to Information: Access to the latest information on federal policies that may affect your school district through the Federal Advocacy Insider weekly enewsletter.
- Virtual Networking: Access to the CUBE online community, a central location for breaking research and news, a discussion board that puts you in contact with school board members in urban districts across the country, and regular updates from your CUBE leadership.
- News and Analysis: Start your day with a morning executive e-news briefing that will keep you current on the latest news impacting education.
- Urban Advocate: In-depth analysis of urban education issues is available inside of the American School Board Journal (ASBJ). Council members receive a complementary digital subscription to this award-winning and longest running education publication in the country that covers governance, equity, safety, management, and other serious issues affecting our school children.
- Opportunity for Recognition: CUBE districts are eligible to apply for the CUBE Annual Award for Urban Excellence, presented each year at the CUBE Annual Conference. This award is open to CUBE districts only.
How CUBE Makes a DifferenceProfessional development and learning experiences allow you to develop your knowledge and skills as a school board governance team. CUBE creates an environment for urban school leaders to collaborate and network—to share their experiences and spread best practices that can powerfully impact urban schools.
We also provide detailed and up-to-date news and analysis that can keep you on top of federal legislation and regulatory actions that can impact your school system. Working through CUBE, you and your school board governance team can also influence the advocacy priorities of NSBA to ensure that federal policymakers understand how they can help your school district successfully educate urban schoolchildren.
CUBE awards are designed to recognize the dedication and achievement of school boards and individuals. Learn more about CUBE Awards.
Access to National Connection
You also get access to National Connection! Learn more about National Connection benefits.
Join CUBE Today
Fill out and submit the CUBE interest form and an NSBA staff member will contact you to confirm information and status.