NSBA’s Magna Awards program has a long history of recognizing exemplary school district programs. The 2023 awards program will focus on innovation in education. It will honor district programs that solved a challenge with creativity and out-of-the-box strategies.
A grand prize and five silver winners will be awarded in each category: under 5,000 enrollment; 5,000-20,000 enrollment; and over 20,000 enrollment.
Three grand prize winners will showcase their winning programs at a special Master Class session during NSBA’s 2023 annual conference in Orlando in April. All winning districts will be featured in the April 2023 issue of American School Board Journal.
For the 2023 awards, the judges will look for programs that:
- Solve or address a challenge in their school districts.
- Are supported by district leaders who encourage creative solutions.
- Exhibit success over time.
- Have longevity and sustainability.
- Can be replicated by other school districts with similar conditions and resources.
For details about applying, visit https://nsba.org/ASBJ/Magna-Awards.